Exhibition Terms & Conditions
Theme: Inspired by the women in my life
1. IMPORTANT DATES
Enter your print titles and responses to the topics below by Friday 6 May, 11.59pm
Click here for the Entry Form
|Artwork Submission||Thursday 12 May between 6pm–8pm (or by prior arrangement with the Exhibition Coordinators)
Artwork to be delivered, printed, mounted and ready to install to Melbourne Camera Club, corner Ferrars St and Dorcas St, South Melbourne
|Exhibition Opening Event||Thursday May 19 at 8.00pm|
|Exhibition Dates and Hours||10am–4pm
Saturday 21 / Sunday 22 May and
Saturday 28 / Sunday 29 May
|Artwork collection from MCC||Sunday 29 May, 4pm–4.30pm or
Thursday 2 June, 7pm–8pm
Or by prior arrangement with Exhibition Coordinators
2. HOW TO ENTER
- Submit your print titles: by Friday 6 May, 11.59pm – Click here for the Entry Form
- You are required to accept these terms and conditions, and to confirm you are the owner of the copyright for your works
- You are invited to add text (max. 100 words) on the following:
- How the image/s was inspired by women in your life
- What International Women’s Day means to you.
- Drop off your work/s to Melbourne Camera Club on the specified dates. Each work must be ready for installation. Work must be labelled on the reverse with:
- Your full name
- Your contact details
- The title(s) of your work
- Every endeavour will be made to hang all work submitted, subject to Section 7
- The number of entries is limited to a maximum of 2 per person.
- The maximum size of prints, including mount is 50.8 x 40.6 cm (20 x 16 inches). Any larger image is by prior arrangement with the Exhibition Coordinators
- It is recommended that the maximum thickness of the print, including mount, is 5mm
- If required, changes to titles can be made through the entry form, but changes will not be accepted after artworks have been delivered to MCC
- This is a free exhibition. There is no entry fee
- Entrants are invited to submit a 1 MB JPEG of their entry to be used for the promotion of the Women of Melbourne Camera Club Exhibition on the Melbourne Camera Club Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages via email to Exhibition Coordinators
- Please also note that the Melbourne Camera Club may or may not use your image/s for promotion.
- Work submitted to this exhibition may or may not be on display in the gallery however every exhibitor will have at least one work in the exhibition – subject to Section 7
- All work submitted must be available for display across all dates of the exhibition.
- Photographers with a series consisting of two images must provide instructions for the installation of their work, but we cannot guarantee that a series will be hung together
- Works above the maximum size limit or works deemed unsafe to hang will not be exhibited
- We have an all care, no responsibility policy. With such a large number of works to install, although we take all care, we cannot take responsibility for damage made to work submitted to the exhibition
- All works must be ready for installation when dropped off
- Be printed and mounted on white mat board with a backing board of foam core or cardboard
- Not exceed an outside measurement of 400mm x 500mm (or 16 inch x 20 inch) mounted, including mat boards
- If you wish to submit works outside these specifications, please discuss with the Exhibition Coordinators
4. DROPPING OFF WORKS
- Works must arrive at the Melbourne Camera Club on or before Thursday 12 May between 7pm–8pm
- Drop off location:
Melbourne Camera Club
254-256 Ferrars Street (cnr Dorcas & Ferrars Sts)
- Drop off location:
- Dropping off work before 12 May is by prior arrangement with the Exhibition Coordinators
- Please clearly label all work on the back with photographer’s name, contact details and title of the work
5. COLLECTING WORKS
- Works can be collected on:
- Sunday 29 May, 4pm–4.30pm
- Thursday 2 June, 7pm–8pm
- If work is to be returned by post, return postage costs and packaging must be included with your submission.
- Prior arrangements can be made with the Exhibition Coordinators for collecting works
- There will be a small prize for a People’s Choice Award for the Women of MCC 2022 Exhibition.
- The Photographer’s work with the most votes will be awarded the winner of the People’s Choice Award.
- Every person who visits the exhibition is entitled to one vote. Multiple votes per person will not be valid. Only valid votes will be counted.
- People’s Choice Prize winner will be announced at the Melbourne Camera Club meeting on Thursday, 2 June at 8pm and included in the club’s social media and website.
7. FURTHER CONDITIONS
- As this is a curated exhibition, where it is hoped to display all entries, this may not be possible due to space restrictions.
- The Melbourne Camera Club Exhibition Coordinators reserve the right to make selections for the exhibition that may be determined by available space.
- All entries will be displayed (subject to space) unless deemed offensive, too fragile, dangerous or not ready for installation.
- All entries must adhere to the MCC Ethical Principles for Photography Images Policy – available in the policies section on the MCC website
- If you are photographing children, you must refer to protocols developed by the Australia Council (australiacouncil.gov.au) before entering your work
- Insurance is the sole responsibility of the entrant.
- All care will be taken however, the Melbourne Camera Club will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused to the work, howsoever caused.
Any queries or alternative drop off / pickup arrangements, please contact our Exhibition Coordinators, via email at email@example.com