- This event has passed.
Photowalk Community – Exhibition & Lightscape Trail
July 3 @ 3:30 PM - 7:00 PM
We welcome MCC members and friends to this weekend’s photowalk.
For this month’s outing we are keeping it local – starting with a private viewing of Men with Heart exhibition at the MCC Clubrooms, followed by an evening at Lightscape at the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne.
Men with Heart Exhibition has been on display at the MCC Clubrooms over the past month, final day is Sunday 3 July.
- The exhibition was photographed by Paul Hoelen and brought to life by Tasmen through a Tasmanian Community Arts Grant and has travelled to four locations throughout Tasmania since October 2018 with over 8000 visitors. The feedback from the exhibitions so far has been incredible. Both from demand and invitation, the project is now expanding to travel nationally to support regional men’s work happening around Australia and provide inspiration, hope and deeper conversation about what the definition of healthy masculinity can be in our society today.
Lightscape at the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
- For the very first time, an immersive, after-dark experience comes to Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne this winter. Iconic tree canopies will be drenched in colour, vibrant bursts of light will tumble from the undergrowth and run up trees like fizzing fireworks.
- Explore playful beams of light, walk through glowing tunnels and linger at waterside reflections. It’s an illuminating winter walk in a unique natural wonderland that you won’t want to miss.
- Important: Buy your ticket in advance for the 5.30pm session, tickets may sell out fast. If unable to buy a ticket for the same session, buy for a later session on the same date, and we will try and get in together
- General Admission $36
- Ticket link https://www.melbournelightscape.com.auPHOTOWALK DATE: Sunday 3 July
Meeting Time: 3.30pm – Melbourne Camera Club, 254-256 Ferrars Street, South Melbourne
At approx 4.30pm we will take Tram #1 towards the city, followed by a 15 min walk to the Botanic Gardens in time for a snack and drink from the food vendors at Melbourne Observatory then join the 5.30pm Lightscape trail session (buy your ticket in advance through the link above).
Depending on the weather, there may be opportunities to photograph sunset near the Botanic Gardens / Shrine surrounds (sunset: 5.15pm).
- Buy your Lightscape ticket in advance, link above
- Don’t forget your Myki card
- Lightscape is an outdoor event, please come prepared for the weather by wearing appropriate footwear and dressing warmly. Umbrellas are allowed on the trail if required.
- Photos are welcomed, be sure to tag when posting on social media: #Lightscape #royalbotanicgardensvic and #sonymusic
- Note that tripods are NOT ALLOWED for safety reasons
- The trail is approx 1.8kms through the Botanic Gardens and will take approx 90 mins to enjoy the full experience; event open until 10pm
- A range of food and drink will be on offer at the Melbourne Observatory before starting the trail, including pizza, pies, burgers, tacos, nachos, Vietnamese street food. Hot and cold drinks will be available including mulled wine and hot cocktails. There will be vendors along the trail serving drinks and sweet treats.
There will be no organised dinner as food is available before and along the trail.
All MCC events require all attendees to check in using MCC QR code. If you are unwell at all, please stay home. Please see the Photowalk Coordinators on arrival to register.
Please email us if you are planning to come along so we can get an indication of approx numbers: email@example.com
We look forward to you joining us on Sunday.
Any queries, please contact the Coordinators: firstname.lastname@example.org