- This event has passed.
Club Night: Street Portraiture (Hybrid Meeting)
March 3, 2022 @ 8:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Some amazing portrait images are made simply by photographing people on the street and asking them to be photographed. For many people the fear of approaching strangers is so overwhelming that they think that could never overcome it. On Thursday we will have a panel presentation and discussion about approaching people in the street to make a portrait. Topics discussed include:
- How to approach people
- Overcoming the fear of approaching people
- Developing confidence
- Differences between “Street Portraiture” and “Street Photography”
- Camera settings and technique
- Looking for the light
- Posing subjects
- Where to photograph people
- Etiquette – when with a group of photographers
Please join us in person at the Clubrooms or on Zoom for this event.
Zoom details will be emailed to members a couple of days before the event.