- This event has passed.
Grace Lock Outing – Newport Railyards Open Day
March 13 @ 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Visit to the Newport Railyards Workshop Open Day 2022
Visit their website https://www.steamrail.com.au/opendays for details of the trains and displays available. If you want to attend, you need to book a ticket. Tickets for adults are $30.00. To book follow the links on the website above. All visitors are required to be fully vaccinated and show proof of this.
Here is a sample of what we will see:
See 30 STEAM LOCOS ON DISPLAY over two sites!
– Steamrail Victoria’s A2 986, D3 639, K153, K183, K190, R711, R761 & Y112 all in steam! – See them operate up close, view the cab, blow the whistle and meet the volunteer crew!
– K183 – Newly restored after a 19-year hiatus, joining in for its first ever Open Days
– 132 year old Y112 – Currently Australia’s oldest operating mainline locomotive – on loan from Sovereign Hill & operational in steam
Meeting details are:
- 1.00pm meeting on the left-hand side of the main gate as you face the gate.
- Newport Railway Workshops, Champion Road North, Williamstown. The main gate is near the water tower opposite the cemetery.
- 5.30pm dinner Peachy Keen Rear of 82 Ferguson Street, Williamstown (down the lane)
There is no need to RSVP for this outing but if you wish to attend the dinner please inform us via email@example.com to ensure an appropriate booking. If you are booking for dinner you will receive a response from Anne to confirm your booking.
Proof of full vaccination and sign in will be required in line with the club’s covid policy.