- This event has passed.
Digital Editing Group – 20 June is Zoom only
June 20 @ 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
The Digital Editing Group Meeting on Monday 20 June will be zoom only.
Guest speaker for the evening will be Jim O’Donnell.
Topics for discussion are:
Topic 1: Soft Proofing
- What is it?
- Benefits to print makers
- Benefits to PDI workers
- Getting started in photoshop
- Paper/printer profiles.
- Rendering intent/black point compensation and simulate paper colour
- Viewing a print under “soft proof” conditions
- Making any final adjustments to colour
Part 2: Gamut warning
- Correcting out of gamut colours using layers and layer masks
Topic 2: Making digital backgrounds to improve your photos
- Creating a new document and setting best document size & resolution
- Using the colour palette and flood fill tool
- Building up new colour layers using the paint brush tool
- Using the creative filters in Photoshop
- Saving the file
- Making tonal adjustments to the file using curves
Digital Editing group meets on the Third Monday of the month from February to November. The aim of the group is to help the members of the group to improve our ability to edit images digitally regardless of the end requirement – be it for Print Comp, PDI Comp, AV, slideshows, books or any other use.
Most meetings with be broken into topics suitable for beginners, intermediate or advanced users.
There is a range of software available but our focus will be on Adobe Lightroom Classic and Photoshop.
We also happy to look at processing issues you might have – email your image to email@example.com a few days before an upcoming meeting.