A celebration of Melbourne Camera Club’s 130th Anniversary
To celebrate the Melbourne Camera Club’s 130th anniversary, the Club will hold an exhibition entitled ‘Re-Imagining Emerald Hill’ to be held over two weekends, one of which will coincide with Open House Melbourne weekend. All MCC Members are invited to participate in the Exhibition.
The exhibition aims to research the history of the Emerald Hill precinct in City of Port Phillip (CoPP) and recapture the essence of a time gone by creating new and contemporary works. CoPP archive images will be complemented with images of life today by Melbourne Camera Club (MCC) members – whether that be the buildings or ghost signs that remain, capturing life on the streets as it was and as it is, and capturing images of the diverse nature of the City as it was and as it is today. The Exhibition will showcase the area’s cultural diversity, heritage buildings and the many artistic and leisure activities.
The Exhibition Coordinators will arrange for Member’s and CoPP archive images to be printed, mounted and displayed in the MCC Gallery. The printed images will then be held as part of the MCC’s permanent collection post the exhibition.
Exhibition Terms and Conditions
|Register your Interest / select an image closes:||Wednesday 2 June, 11:59pm|
|Artwork Submission:||Upload your image by: Saturday 26 June, 11.59pm|
|Exhibition Opening Event:||Friday 23 July 2021 at 7pm|
|Exhibition Dates||Saturday 24 July & Sunday 25 July 2021, 10am—4pm, Open House Melbourne Weekend
Saturday 31 July & Sunday 1 August 2021, 10am—4pm
1. Register, Select & Submit Your Image
Register and Select Your Image to Reimagine:
- Registration has closed and images have been allocated
- Registrations close: Wednesday 2 June 11.59pm
- Each photographer will be assigned ONE image from CoPP archives to reimagine. Using the Register form and the pre-selected CoPP archive images, please indicate your preferred image to reimagine for the exhibition. You can submit up to 5 preferences, and will be allocated one image.
- Final image allocations will be determined by the Exhibition Coordinators, and advised to each photographer on Friday 4 June.
- Photograph your image between 4
2. How to Enter
- Check out the images from the CoPP archives which are available on the MCC website. Choose an image that you would like to re-imagine with your own artwork and register here. You can submit up to 5 preferences, and will be allocated one image to reimagine.
- Register to participate closes Wednesday June 2021, 11:59pm. Choice of images is on a first in, first served basis. Registration will close earlier if all CoPP images have been matched.
- Upload your image with title by Saturday 26 June 2021, 11.59pm LINK HERE
- When registering you will be required to accept these Terms and Conditions, and to confirm you are the owner of the copyright for your artwork.
3. Terms and Conditions
By submitting your image for the exhibition, you agree to the following:
- Your submitted image will be printed and matted by suppliers determined by the Exhibition Coordinators
- Your printed image will be exhibited at the Club for the duration of the exhibition
- You consent to your image and name being used in a book / publication of the exhibition to celebrate the Melbourne Camera Club’s 130th Anniversary, should this go ahead
- Your submitted image may be used for publicity of the exhibition
- Your printed image will be held as part of the Melbourne Camera Club’s permanent collection following the exhibition and can be used for research or future exhibitions at MCC or elsewhere, as required.
- The number of entries is limited to One per person.
- If required, changes to titles can be made through the upload form, but changes will not be accepted after close off for submissions
- If you discover any interesting history/facts about the location of your image, please email us a paragraph to include alongside your image at the exhibition: email Exhibition Coordinators
- There will be a small prize for a People’s Choice Award for the 2021 ‘Emerald Hill Reimagined – Then and Now’ Exhibition.
- The Artist’s work with the most votes will be awarded the winner of the People’s Choice Award.
- Every person who visits the exhibition is entitled to one vote. Multiple votes per person will not be valid. Only valid votes will be counted.
- People’s Choice Prize winner will be announced at the Melbourne Camera Club meeting on Thursday, 5 August 2021 at 8pm and included in the club’s social media and website.
6. Further Conditions
- This is a free exhibition. There is no entry fee.
Any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org