The aim of the course is to provide participants with a basic foundation in darkroom techniques so that they feel confident to undertake their own film development and/or printing.
To participate in the course:
- You must register on the course enrolment system.
- You should note that class sizes are limited.
The full course will run for a total of two days over a weekend.
Film - 1.00 pm - 4.00pm
Printing - 9.30 am - 4.00 pm with black for lunch
Day 1 will be Unit 1 and Day 2 will be Unit 2
Student will be expected to attend Film, Unit 1, with an exposed film ready to develop. This film must be a regular black and white film that can be developed in tradition chemicals. It must NOT be colour film or film that use C-41 chemicals (ie XP2 or Kodak BW400CN). All other equipment and consumables will be provided by the course.
The design of the course is flexible enough to take account of the different levels of experience of participants, but what follows is the core content.
1.00 pm - 4.00 pm
- Description of equipment and chemicals
- Practice film loading
- Developing the film
- Diagnose and discuss the resulting negatives
- Processing film at home - equipment needed
Session 1: 9.30am-12.30pm
- Introduction to analog photography and to darkroom practice, Chemical Safety
- Making contact prints
- Making a print from participant negatives
- LUNCH (at your own cost)
Session 2: 1.30pm-4.30pm
- Continuation of printing process:
- Contrast control, dodging and burning
- Information on the standard use of the club's Darkroom.
South Melbourne, VIC 3205
|MCC Member - Introduction to Darkroom Basics Workshop Fee(includes $1.50 PayPal Fee)||A$51.50|
|Non Member - Introduction to Darkroom Basics Workshop Fee(includes $8.00 PayPal Fee)||A$248.00|