The rules are:
- Book compilation must be the members’ own work but text and images may be from other sources and must be acknowledged.
- The name of the entrant must be printed on the cover and/or the first page and the year of production on the first page.
- A member may enter up to two books.
- There are no restrictions on the subject, the size, or the printer. If an entrant so wishes, the book may be home printed and bound. Fold-out pages are permitted but not loose pages.
- There is no start date but entries must be printed in the previous 18 months and received together with an entry form by the competition co-ordinator before midnight on the last Thursday in August (29th August for 2019).
- Commended and Highly Commended awards for both commercially printed and DIY books may be awarded by the reviewers and their comments given at the club meeting on the third Thursday in September (19th September for 2019).
- As with other Melbourne Camera Club competitions, the judging criteria will be on quality of content and storytelling.
For more information contact Ian Bock.