Rules covering format and Presentation of Entries
Format and Presentation of Prints
- The entrant must have made the original exposure from which the print is produced.
- Negatives or slides from which a print is produced may be commercially processed.
- Prints may be either commercially or home processed.
- All prints must be mounted, and must be marked with the entrant’s name and grade on the back.
- Framed prints are not permitted.
- The maximum mount size of prints entered in the Set-subject or Open “A” or “B” grades is 50.8 x 40.6 cm (20 x 16 inches). Note, this will allow prints to be entered in interclub competitions and photographic salons.
- The maximum mount size for prints entered in the Open “Novice” grade is 30.5 x 20.3 cm (12 x 8 inches).
- Monochrome prints contain only one colour, but can be toned, tinted or dyed on their entire surface. Partial toning and/or the addition of any extra colour are not acceptable.
- All prints not conforming to the monochrome criteria will be classified as colour prints.
Format and Presentation of PDI’s
- The entrant must have made the original exposure and any digital manipulation of the image.
- PDI’s must be in the JPEG file type.
- PDI’s must be in the sRGB colourspace.
- The maximum size of a PDI is 1920 pixels (maximum width) by 1200 pixels (maximum height) and be contained in a file of 2Mb (2,048Kb) or smaller.
- Entries will be presented to the judge without title or makers name.