The Analogue Photography Group (as the Traditional Darkroom Printmakers Groups) has held an annual exhibition of group members’ work since 2001. It is held on a single weekend in late August or early September.
Download entry registration should be done via the online submission system (see the user manual) but if there are any issues in using this please contact the APG coordinator about alternatives. Tags for the rear of the print frames are downloaded here.
The conditions governing this exhibition are as follows:
- Each member shall be allowed the prescribed number of entries (normally 4) in the Annual Exhibition.
- Entries can be in one or both of two categories: Open or Project/Concept
- Exhibitors have the opportunity think in terms of a project or concept or theme, so that an exhibitor can submit a body of work related to some approach, methodology or experimentation in filming, processing, printing or presentation.
- More than one project/concept exhibit may be submitted by a single exhibitor.
- A project/concept exhibit should contain at least 2 frames but a project/concept based on a single frame may be considered.
- A project/concept exhibit may contain non-photographic material so long as the primary content of the frame(s) in question is photographic material.
- A project/concept exhibit shall be executed in the 12 months prior to the exhibition.
- More than one member can exhibit with a similar project/concept.
- An Open exhibit shall have been produced in the 12 months prior to the exhibition. The Coordinator reserves the right to vary this under extenuating circumstances.
- Each entry in either category shall be produced through traditional photographic techniques that are appropriate to the genre. Submissions can be silver gelatin prints or prints derived from alternative photographic practices. Prints obtained from digital images that are printed onto silver gelatin are not acceptable.
- Each entry shall have a slip attached that gives the title of the work and the name of the member submitting.
- Each entry shall be produced by the member submitting the work. Should there be a joint submission category, the submission can be jointly done by Analogue PG members.
- Each entry must be designated as Open or as Project/Concept.
- All Open entries must be presented in the standard frames provided by the club and using the defined matt board (if there is one). Entries in the Project/Concept category will be preferably use the standard matt board and frames but should alternative presentation best suite the material then they may be used so long as alternative frames are no larger than the standard frames.
- Given the above clauses, should the Coordinator decide to have a non-standard mode of presentation for any aspect of the Annual Exhibition then this will be defined by the Coordinator and entries may be presented in the format(s) so defined.